Drop it off
Merchandise donations are gratefully accepted at our store location. We ask that you place clothing in large plastic bags. Please place your other donations in boxes that have lids or are able to be closed. This enables your donated items to stay clean, dry, and secure. Please wrap/secure all cords.
Call for a pick up
We offer free pick up service. Call 201-333-5914 to schedule a pick up, Monday & Sunday.
WHAT TO DONATE
Your merchandise donations are vital to The Women Who Win Network continued success. To further assist us, please read the list below for items we cannot accept, and for condition requirements for those items we do accept. As always, your continued support—along with cooperation with these guidelines—will enable W.W.W. to be even more effective in the future.
- All clothing, shoes, purses, belts and electronics will be accepted for either sale in our stores or responsibly recycled.
- Electronics must be in perfect working order and computers must be no more than 5 years old.
- Tax Receipts are available upon request. Any donations that can’t be sold in the Shop are forwarded to a local charity.
- If you need a tax receipt you must drop your items off during business hours
- Please do not leave donations outside the store.
We are currently unable to accept televisions. Best Buy currently accepts TVs for recycling with some exceptions. Because it is the environmentally responsible thing to do!
W.W.W. primary mission is to raise significant funds for our supported charities. We fulfill this mission by operating a stores stocked with your gently-used donated items. Just the fact that virtually everything we sell ends up being placed back into service by our shoppers, places us squarely in the recycling business. All donations that we receive are thoroughly inspected and only the best of what we receive make it onto our sales floor. That leaves us with a large amount of items that need to be trashed or recycled. We recycle everything we can.
DID YOU KNOW
- Many products we use every day are created out of recycled items.
- You can make 20 cans out of recycled material with the same amount of energy it takes to make one new one.
- Recycling one aluminum beverage can saves enough energy to run a 100-watt bulb for 20 hours, a computer for 3 hours or a television for 2 hours
- Recycling 125 aluminum cans saves enough energy to power one home for one day.
- Battery acid is recycled by converting it to sodium sulfate for laundry detergent, glass & textile manufacturing.
- Recycling all of your home’s waste newsprint, cardboard, glass and metal can reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 850 lbs. a year.
- One pound of recycled steel saves 5.450 BTU’s of energy or 26 hours of a 60-watt bulb.
- The amount of steel recovered through recycled packaging in 2001 (nearly 1.5 million tons) would yield enough steel to build 185,000 steel framed homes.